Thursday, September 2, 2010

Christian Raves

I know I am suppose to write about something else so forgive me.  I will get back to it another time
I have 2 kids that love raves.  Music, jumping, light shows, and high tech clothing with lights and such. I think about King David leaping and dancing before the LORD and dancing with all his might (read 2 Samuel 6 about how David ). I think a mistake is being corrected with these functions such as the fun of being young, paired with the love of God and a great teaching tool to keep the young connected to God and his awesome presents.  I think it is cool.  Who says everything have to be a pious sterile atmosphere.  Don't get me wrong I love church and all its many complexities but why not allow them to be as they are young.  I love pray nights and bible study I mean that is my thing.  Love Sunday fellowships, worship  and encouraging one another.  I love to study the history of the texts, scripture and first Christians.  I can get lost in the study of this stuff.  People come to the knowledge of God in may ways and from all walks of life. They come to the knowledge of Christ our Lord and Savior.  Who  was “in the beginning with the Father, and is the Firstborn son. 



I like this scripture because it characterize a child's actions and thought development  (although is is about how we develop and come into the awareness of Gods Knowledge)
 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

1 Corinthians 13:10-12


10but when the perfect comes, the partial will be done away.
 11When I was a child, I used to speak like a child, think like a child, reason like a child; when I became a man, I did away with childish things.
 12For now we (A)see in a mirror dimly, but then (B)face to face; now I know in part, but then I will know fully just as I also (C)have been fully known.
  I

No comments: