Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Peace of Mind

I am a mother of five and have a husband. I seem to be always in the middle of a tug of war. Everyone is over 12 now and they are doorstep ages. Sometimes there is so much going on you have no idea of what to do first, at least that is one of my downfalls. I have been in the bible a lot to give me some guidance. I was bless this week to hear some teaching on peace:Not just any peace but God's peace. I was fortunate to hear a radio cast Living in Peace in a Troubled World by Candace Brim. It has been very helpful in reminding me of the peace God has given through our faith in Christ. I not saying that I have mastered my calm but I have found tools in the bible to help me to work towards it. This url http://www.billyebrim.org/audio/by/artist/candace_brim is where you find Candace Brim revelation. I hope it helps you as much as it has helped me. We have the mental ability to control some aspects of our thinking. We just need the tools and to practice often. I hope the following scriptures help in your search.


John 14:27

Amplified Bible (AMP)
27Peace I leave with you; My [own] peace I now give and bequeath to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. [Stop allowing yourselves to be agitated and disturbed; and do not permit yourselves to be fearful and intimidated and cowardly and unsettled.]
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
27"(A)Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you (B)Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful.
King James Version (KJV)
27Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

John 14:1 : John 14:27; 16:22, 24



Romans 14:19

King James Version (KJV)
19Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.

Amplified Bible (AMP)
19So let us then definitely aim for and eagerly pursue what makes for harmony and for mutual upbuilding (edification and development) of one another.

New American Standard Bible (NASB)
19So then we pursue the things which make for peace and the (B)building up of one another.

No comments: